Zugschwang - "a compulsion to move"

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back again

Back again

It's been a while since my last blog entry. Pre-occupied with my job, finally grasped how object oriented database design stitch their data together. I best stop here as I've so far successfully avoided blogging anything technical.

What have I been upto ? Mostly photography. Very few can claim to have read more books on photoshop last year than me. My pictures have been technically sound but I need to bump up the artistic and emotional impact side of it.


Regrets

Everybody's on facebook/myspace/bebo nowadays and I'm still stuck with the obtuse friendster ! :) I've been browsing pictures of friends in college, highschool and childhood friends, the invevitable nostalgic feeling came over me. Flash back of past events all sepia/cibachrome toned ! :)


If theres one thing I regretted is I did not make too much of an effort to keep in touch with my friends. Overtime the "friendship" status demotes itself to a mere "acquaintance".

I have no excuse for it really, I kinda envy my wife and sister or women in general as they tend to nurture friendship better than guys. When women get together they usually have a lengthy dinner and coffee afterwards.

Me and My friends ? We grab a quick bite to eat and proceed to strip clubs. Then meet up on the next day for some hangover basketball. 

Add the meaningless get together with my tendency to drift away and you get to this blog entry of mine which is all about regret. You see, I am easily consumed by a hobby. Be it Guitars, photography, tropical fish acquarium, Feng shui. I can somehow channel all my brain cell and allocate all of my conscious time thinking about it. In short, I can easily disconnect and entertain myself.

Which I think is a good trait to have when your an immigrant, as you don't have any relatives and only a handful of social duties to attend to.

Is it too late and am I physically too far to catch up with my friends ?

I do miss them. (No song coming up sorry).

Changes

I think I'm less funny now. I guess there is less effort from me to be so. I feel like I don't need to impress people as I did before. It probably has something to do with manila's overpopulation and the need to stand out in some ways.

I wasn't rich, not good looking either. 2nd looks from the opposite sex is far and very very few in-between. Humor was my ticket. I guess people do change.. I did.

It's good to be blogging again.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sidney said…

    Good you don't blog technical stuff!

    Great image...did you photoshopped that girls into a dwarf? ;-)

    Hmmmm...maybe better a strip club than a coffee after dinner...;-)

    And better a few good friends than a lot of superficial ones...

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger fionski said…

    Welcome back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home