Zugschwang - "a compulsion to move"

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Voices

I wish i can be as charming as Ethan Hawke in the movie "Before sunrise".

In preparation for the long weekend (Queen's Birthday) I got some weekly DVD rentals and this movie was one of em. In a nutshell, its about 2 strangers meeting on a train and spent 24 hours together. Doing what ? just walking around and talking. It's not like the pissy pseudo intellectual conversations that you see in dawson's creek. Who the hell talks like that anyways ;).

I now have 2 favorite romance movie, the other one would be "Forget paris" by Billy Crystal.

I could never be charming as ME. I could never be myself (literally) when i'm trying to impress women. You see, I can 'do' characters.

In my high school days I was able to accurately capture the voice, tone and phrasing legendary disciplinarian in our school (Sia sien) I can bring the decibel levels of 2 HS rooms in less than 5 seconds flat. Works every single time. :)

When I'm the new guy at work I do the radio DJ ex TV host 'Joe d' Mango' usually does the trick. It's a great icebreaker.

Some of the people that I do: Jaworski, Ahnold Schwarzenegger, Ferdinand Marcos Sr, Mike Enriquez...... sometimes i freak myself out.

A decade back I realized that I've using humor as a tool. I use it to gauge a persons intellect and Humor tolerance. Weirdly I do it 10 seconds after I meet somebody. If you were to ask ppl what were their first impression of me you'd get different answers from outrageously funny to A-hole. Their answers reflect their uptightness as well.

Have you heard of basketball players talking about 'the zone' ? I get it as well... if i'm in the zone or freeballing I can have a whole roomfull of people eat off of my hand. My college years would've made a great DVD. As with anything else my humor has its limitations. It does not reflect on my writing.. that explains my dull blog :).

I do have one special 'act' or character that I do to women that I'm attracted to. It's my secret weapon. Its my ace. It's Mr. Al Pacino. To my female friends reading this, If you haven't seen me do Al Pacino then you know that i'm not interested in anybody within a 2 meter radius. I remember a couple of years back, in one of my dates. I was kinda having the in-the-zone moments with this hot date of mine. I think we had paella with ostrich meat, anyways midway during dinner I pulled out my 'Devil's Advocate/Scent of a woman" act. Totally sealed the deal. Got hitched 2 years after :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny! I was with your wifey this afternoon and we were talking about your Al Pacino bit! Hahahaha. I was asking her if you ever did Christopher Walken.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Senorito<- Ako said…

    Gasp !! maybe she didn't fell for me but for Mr. Pacino instead ! :) hahaha...

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger ev said…

    i saw the movie "before sunset" and yah if you are a visual viewer type you wouldn't appreciate the film but if you are the intellectual one...you'd get to understand the point of their conversation from the start til end!

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha ha ha I so loved Al Pacino in that movie. You must be more charming than Ethan Hawke!!!

    I thought "Before Sunset" was just an ordinay so- so love story. I didn't bother to watch it. Now I think I have to look for the DVD as soon as out.

    And hey, your blog is not boring, no not all (zzzzZZZZZZZZ..).

    Just kidding! he hee

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Senorito<- Ako said…

    Joy-> Thanks for the 'pampalubag ng luob' commentzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jovs said…

    Oh don't you worry, your blog totally reflects your humorous self as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home